Sponsored by Shakespeare at Notre Dame.
Ruthless ambition gives way to murder in Macbeth, Shakespeare’s always-relevant examination of the lacerating effect of the reckless desire for power. This poisonous cocktail of ambition, guilt, and paranoia, with subtle seasonings of the supernatural, explores fascinatingly conflicted characters with the velocity of a riveting thriller. Intense, disturbing, and, ultimately, profoundly moving, Macbeth is one of the playwright’s greatest dramatic achievements.
Prophesied to become a great king, the Scottish warrior Macbeth undertakes a brutal path to power. With his scheming wife by his side, Macbeth maneuvers and murders his way into the throne. But with his ascension comes a steep price. With vengeful rivals threatening to strip everything away, Macbeth’s tormented conscience leads him into a downward spiral of madness and self-destruction.
Actors From The London Stage, the renowned five-actor touring group, brings this extraordinary tale to life during a sweeping international tour this fall. With five actors each portraying multiple roles, the dynamic energy of Shakespeare's thrilling tale will be revealed like never before.
- Roger May: Macbeth / Old Man / Sergeant / Messenger
- Anne Odeke: Malcolm / Lady Macduff / First Witch / First Murderer / Caithness / Gentlewoman / Messenger
- Claire Redcliffe: Lady Macbeth / Donalbain / Ross / Fleance / Second Witch / Young Siward / Messenger
- Annabelle Terry: Banquo / Lennox / Porter / Doctor / Son / Menteith / Siward / Hecate
- Michael Wagg: King Duncan / Macduff / Third Witch / Second Murderer / Angus / Seyton
PRESS & MEDIA
- "London actors are about to get dramatic at UTSA," KSTX Texas Public Radio, 9/16/22
- "Scene Calendar: Barbara Padilla, 'The Hipp Unplugged,' Great Halloween Costume Sale, more," The Gainesville Sun, 9/8/22
- "PAC to open season with Dance Collective show," Hawaii Tribune-Herald, 8/14/22
- "Scene Calendar: Family Fishing Day, art exhibits, Water Day, Back to School Bash and more," The Gainesville Sun, 8/12/22
- "Line-up for 48th Bermuda Festival unveiled," The Royal Gazette, 8/2/22
FALL 2022 TOURING SCHEDULE
- September 19-25: University of Texas - San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- September 26-October 2: University of North Carolina - Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
- October 3-9: University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- October 10-16: DePauw University, Greencastle, IN
- October 17-22: Kahilu Theatre, Kamuela, HI
- October 24-30: San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- October 31-November 6: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- November 7-13: TBD
- November 14-20: Bermuda Festival, Hamilton, Bermuda
- November 28 & 29: Canada Water Theatre, London, United Kingdom
Originally published at shakespeare.nd.edu.